Make your own chocolate syrup

Yes, I went to the baby market and had a great time fossicking. Found some good bits and pieces too, I'll give you a run down tomorrow as long as I don't come down with swine flu from the experience, which my sis reminded me is rampant in Victoria. Come to think of it, the market was much less hectic and busy than usual, I wonder if that's why.

In the meantime, try this one out if you're a chocoholic. This chocolate syrup recipe works well for making chocolate milk, hot chocolate, for over icecream and I'm sure there are other uses as well.

Such as.....

Make a chocolate cake and leave it in the pan.
While still hot, take a skewer or toothpick and poke deep holes all over the surface.
Pour over chocolate syrup and leave it to soak in.
Eat, maybe with some vanilla icecream.


Gah, I'm drooling now, I haven't tried this but will sometime very soon. It will make a decadent dessert on a freezy cold Melbourne day.

Making this chocolate syrup is cheaper in the long run than buying it and of course, there is the benefit of knowing exactly what is in it.

Before I give you the recipe I just HAD to include this chokky pic. Someone's been enjoying themselves a little too much, but it wasn't me, boo!

Photobucket

If you want to see more, check out A dream in chocolate...




Chocolate Syrup

1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1 cup Sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon Vanilla

  • Combine cocoa, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil.
  • Allow it to boil for one minute.
  • Remove from heat, cool and add vanilla.
  • Store in the fridge.

Photobucket

Mmmm, I see a chocolate cake in my very near future...


No comments:

Post a Comment